Pages

16 augusti 2012

Dress card tutorial

Ok, so this is a tutorial I've been thinking about making for a long long time. Thanks to a stranger I finally did it! :)
I got a mail from a girl who saw my Here comes the bride[card] and was curious about how to make it. After creating a very quick tutorial for her I figured I could just as well share it with you too.
Here goes.

First, here's my original dress card to the left, and the smaller template to the right.

Start with tracing and cutting a circle. This template is app. 12 cm in diameter. Mark out the center. Now it's time to measure where to score (in this tutorial I've drawn lines with a pencil, but you're really just scoring).
With a ruler, mark along the edge of the circle, 2 cm for the big piece, and 1 cm for the small one. You'll need 5 big pieces, with 4 small pieces in between each one.
Note: this is not an exact measurement, if your cicle is larger you'll need to adjust here. Also, if you want a wider dress you can make bigger pieces, and vice versa. The ratio is however always 2/1.
After scoring, cut at the top line and fold the others so that you end up with three parts facing up, and two down. The two remaining "flaps" will be the back of the dress. There you have it!


I added a lace petticoat but that, of course, is optional.


My template transfered onto scrapbooking paper. The top was made by first cutting the desired shape in plain white paper, folded in half for symmetry, and then traced and cut.

The finished result.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

If you find the time to leave a wee comment I'll adore you forever!! ;) Your comments means the world to me, thank you all for sending a little love my way. :)