Pages

19 september 2011

Birthday bag

 I was asked by a friend to make a card in autumny colors, and if I could come up with something in a different shape that was more than welcome. After sifting through some magazines I came up with the idea of a hand bag. :)

 A creme cardstock base folded with a double (hm, actually it's a triple fold) crease and then cut with a curvy cutter. Edges inked in brown to soften. The handles are double punched circles with stitching. On top of that a layer of designer paper with stitches along the edge. Two ribbons, one with brown ball fringes and one in mustard velvet with added belt buckle embellishment, runs across the lower part of the bag. Finally a BIG multilayered flower with a fuzzy brown brad for centerpiece.

 For the back of the bag I just added the ribbons. A back is a back, no? ;)

 Here's the bottom with the tri-fold.

 There was room for a small tag also....

 When opened, the card looks like this. Maybe a bit hard to tell from this pic, but the brown circles that kinda float freely inside, are actually attached to the base with clear plastic strips. This makes them almost pop out of the card. :)


These are the flip sides of my 'pop' circles. Yeah, I know I just said a back is a back, but I just can't leave them empty. :)

 The bag from an angle. With the bottom trifold the card is able to stand like a real bag. A wee bit of lace around the handle keeps the bag/card closed.

There are - of course - some really neat challenges to enter. I'm participating in these:
Easy craft - 6 patterned papers
Creative craft  - New (new decade :))
Top tip tuesday - Birthday time
Cute card thursday - Anything goes



6 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous project :) love it. Thank you for joining in with us over at Creative Craft World.

    Hope to see you again soon.

    Lou x

    SvaraRadera
  2. Stunning creation !!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our, 'New' challenge. Good Luck !! Hope to see you back on 26th September :O)

    Choccy xx

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wow! I love this! Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    SvaraRadera
  4. This is so pretty. I love the stitching, trim, bling,...ok, ok, I love everything about it :)I have not made a purse card in a while. After seeing yours, I might need to make one too. Thanks for the inspiration. (as usual :)
    Jani
    papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  5. this is fab, what a lovely gift idea

    http://inmy-craftroom.blogspot.com/

    SvaraRadera
  6. Lovely! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at CCW!
    Trish x

    SvaraRadera

If you find the time to leave a wee comment I'll adore you forever!! ;) Your comments means the world to me, thank you all for sending a little love my way. :)